Designed for practicing artists, but open to bachelor's degree holders in any field, this Secondary Education Certification - Art program from California University of Pennsylvania combines core courses in pedagogy with studio art and art history classes as needed.
Experiential learning creates top teachers.
- Excel in student teaching and stand out in the art education job Cal U students complete extensive fieldwork in local school districts prior to full-time student teaching.
- Founded as a teacher's college, Cal U has been taking a hands-on approach to teacher training for more than 160 years.
Graduate degree courses in K-12 arts education will give you mastery of the latest teaching practices and theories while deepening your expertise in visual arts. You'll also gain extensive hands-on experience through fieldwork and student teaching.
- Study art curriculum development techniques and how to use the Standards Aligned System (SAS).
- Learn top strategies in classroom management.
- Master classroom technology for teaching art.
- Take specialized studio art courses if needed.
- Deepen your knowledge of art history.
- Gain real-world classroom experience.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Design 2-D
- Design 3-D
- Printmaking: Relief
- Printmaking: Intaglio
- Jewelry/Metals: Casting R
- Jewelry/Metals: Fabrication
- Ceramics Studio
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts View 520 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.80 or higher (Students with a GPA below 2.80 may apply for conditional admission)
- Official transcripts from an accredited undergraduate institution
International774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State516 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 516 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.