The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at California University of Pennsylvania states that courses and fieldwork provide an understanding of human development and how social systems impact personal development.
- Become knowledgeable in clinical mental health diagnosis, treatment, referral and prevention.
- Develop a high level of self-awareness.
- Acquire the traits and skills needed for ethical practice within a diverse society.
- Learn all aspects of a clinical mental health counselor's job through fieldwork and an on-site internship.
Embark on a rewarding career in mental health counseling agencies, including private practice, mental health centers, addiction treatment facilities, hospitals, correctional facilities and other treatment centers. Or pursue university doctoral programs in clinical mental health counseling or counselor education and supervision. Alumni employers include:
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, UPMC.
- Gateway Rehabilitation Center.
- Chestnut Ridge Counseling Services.
- Fayette County Mental Health Program.
- SPHS Behavioral Health.
- Counseling Theory
- Counseling Skills and Techniques
- Experiential Group Process
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Developmental Group Counseling
- Cross-cultural Counseling
- Career Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesClinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 374 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee.
- Official high school transcript (or GED certificate and scores).
- SAT or American College Test (ACT) scores (may be waived for applicants who have been out of high school for at least two years).
- Letter(s) of recommendation (optional).
- A personal essay (optional).
International23220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 24 months.
National23220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State15480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for California
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.