The primary goal of the Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology program from University of North Carolina Chapel Hill is to prepare specialists to practice clinical oral and maxillofacial radiology; to provide patient care, teach, and conduct research in an oral health care institution; or to provide patient care in the private practice setting.
- The program includes training in radiological sciences (radiological physics, radiation biology, radiation protection, imaging science), clinical sciences (intraoral, extraoral, and cone beam CT imaging; radiographic interpretation of conditions affecting the oral and maxillofacial region), medical sciences (oral and maxillofacial pathology, head and neck anatomy), and research sciences (research design and biostatistics).
- Each graduate student develops an original research project as an integral part of the graduate program, resulting in a written thesis.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied Dental Research Methods
- Interdisciplinary Care Conference
- Regional Anatomy
- Applied Pharmacology
- Advanced Pain and Anxiety Control
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry Medical Imaging View 718 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Application fee (non-refundable $95.00)
- Transcripts (complete, not selected courses): One unofficial transcript from each university attended must be uploaded within the application.
- Current letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Community Standards Questions
- Supplemental program information
International28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 36 months.
National28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State10552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5276 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Chapel Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.