The mission of the Division of Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling (CRMH) at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill is to serve students by using evidence-based knowledge to give rehabilitation and mental health counselors the training to provide services to our citizens with disabilities with a special focus on those with developmental disabilities and/or psychiatric disabilities.
- We believe in the dignity and worth of citizens with disabilities and their right to live self-determined lives in inclusive communities of their choice.
- The division educates counselors who then use their skills: (i) to help citizens with disabilities live productive and independent lives; (ii) to provide access to and manage personalized services that support the unique needs and preferences of each citizen with a disability and their respective families and communities; and (iii) to forge new models of research-informed community practice.
The program is fully accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- Foundations of Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- Theories of Counseling Applied to Rehabilitation
- Medical Aspects of Rehabilitation
- Career Development and Employment: Counseling Persons with Disabilities
- A Multicultural Perspective of Developmental Counseling through the Lifespan
- Case Management, Rehabilitation Services, and Resources
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling Clinical Psychology View 967 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Application fee (non-refundable $95.00)
- Transcripts (complete, not selected courses): One unofficial transcript from each university attended must be uploaded within the application.
- Current letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Community Standards Questions
- Supplemental program information
International28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 24 months.
National28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5276 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Chapel Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.