Students gain professional training in the latest theories and techniques of counseling and psychotherapy with a degree of Master of Science (MS) in Counseling Psychology from Dominican University of California. Those seeking licensure are required to take the concentration in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) and Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC) concentrations.
The Counseling Psychology program promotes professionals competent in diagnosis, assessment, client advocacy, effective communication and treatment planning. Students also learn to apply current law and professional ethics to specific client situations. Program graduates enter the field prepared to implement interventions with clients from diverse cultural communities.
- Dominican trainees and alumni are highly sought after by agencies in the Bay Area and beyond.
- Through interactive instruction and practice in a variety of orientations, including traditional, innovative and alternative, students develop excellent clinical skills.
- In this program, students have ample opportunity to work closely with faculty — all of whom are practicing clinicians — as classes are small (maximum of 20 students).
- Dominican University’s well-established practicum works with over 50 community agencies to place 100 percent of our trainees in the field.
- Approximately 90 percent of our graduates are licensed MFTs or registered MFT associates.
- Our flexible schedule is convenient for working students — late afternoon, evening and weekend classes
- Counseling; Client-centered and Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Advanced Counseling Techniques: Behavioral and Cognitive aenavioral
- Domestic Violence
- Child Abuse: Assessment, Reporting and Treatment
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Professional Ethics and Law
- Human Diversity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Counselling Psychology View 637 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Completed Application
- Official Transcript(s)
- Statement of Purpose or Intent
- A statement between 300 and 800 words describing why you are interested in pursuing a graduate degree.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Academic or professional, on letterhead.
- Prerequisite Requirements
- Personal Interview
- Applicants who have been selected to continue on in the application process will be invited to interview at BioMarin or the Buck Institute.
- Optional — GRE Record: An official copy of general Graduate Record Examination scores may be submitted
- International Applicants: International candidates must meet additional admissions requirements.
International17880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1192 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1192 USD per credit during 24 months.
- Tuition is per unit.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.