How the master's program works
The one-year Political Science program of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is designed for students who want to build proficiency in applied research so that they can pursue successful careers in government, business, and public policy. Students interested in an academic career should read more about the PhD in Political Science.
The MIT Political Science master's program emphasizes intensive preparation in a single field of study:
- American Politics
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
- Models and Methods
- Political Economy
- Security Studies
- Feminist Thought
- The American Political Economy in Comparative Perspective
- Political Economy of Institutions and Development
- Sustainability: Political Economy, Science and Policy
- American Political Institutions
- American Political Behavior
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 326 other Masters in International Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In your Statement of Objectives, please be sure to discuss the research questions you would like to pursue in your graduate studies
- All applicants are required to scan and upload official transcripts with their applications
- Letters of Recommendation
- All applicants whose first language is not English are required to take the TOEFL, including students who have received degrees from English speaking institutions
International53450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53450 USD per year during 12 months.
National53450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53450 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.