At Special Education - Practical skills transformative learning from Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences we aim to facilitate critical debate and evaluate existing perspectives in the field. In addition we will work with developing new and innovative approaches in the field of education, especially with reference to children and young people with learning disabilities and / or special needs.
The programme will be taught in Nailsworth (UK) and in Lillehammer (Norway).
Graduates with At Special Education - Practical skills transformative learning from Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences will be able to:
- Identify pedagogic opportunities in children and young peoples’ development and learning journey
- Undertake critical reflection and evaluation of academic arguments in respect of practical and theoretical problems
- Carry out independent and original robust research, using appropriate methods
- Take responsibility for own autonomous learning and self transformation
- Communicate research findings in an effective and accessible way, orally and in writing.
- Use practical skills as tool to develop practice in special education.
- The philosophy of science and the history of special education
- Theoretical approaches to practical skills transformative learning
- Research methods and situated transformative action research
- Special education and symptoms of disabilities
- Work based learning: Enhancing professional practice
- Master Thesis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
Program is for EU/EEA (+ Switzerland and Norway) citizens only
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree diploma with transcript (Degree must meet the requirements of the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education)
- A reflective essay on your practical aesthetic skill, describing your experience and its relevance to the programme (maximum 1200 words – this can include examples e.g. photographs)
- Work certificate confirming a min. of 2 years full time relevant work experience with children and/or adults within an educational context (must be written by your employer. CV is not accepted. The certificate must state if it is full time or if it is part time (if part time; hours or work percentage must be included in the reference))
- If you are not a Norwegian citizen: Copy of your passport
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences doesn't have any tuition fees. A registration and semester fee applies at the start of the semester.
Living costs for Elverum
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.