Architecture Studies - History, Theory and Criticism of Architecture and Art program of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is intended both for students who already have a professional degree in architecture and those interested in advanced non-professional graduate study.
Students in the Architecture Studies - History, Theory and Criticism of Architecture and Art program of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) will:
- expand upon prior experience (which can be in design, theory, history, practice, or other post-undergraduate work) to explore compelling research that links historical or contemporary topics with methodological issues.
- be exposed to a wide range of historical periods and theoretical approaches.
- Historiography of Islamic Architecture
- Orientalism and Representation
- Architecture Design Theory and Methodologies
- Contemporary Urbanism Proseminar: Theory and Representation
- Urban Design Studio
- Building Technology Seminar
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A professional degree in Architecture (Master of Architecture or 5-year accredited Bachelor of Architecture) with high academic standing from a recognized institution or BA in architecture or any related field (Art history, planning, landscape, archeology, etc.).
- For admission to the SMArchs HTC program, a writing sample of at least 15 pages is required of all applicants and is an important component of the application.
- Letters of recommendation (3-4)
- Transcripts for all relevant degrees
- IELTS or TOEFL score (if English is not your first language)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Objectives
- $75 application fee
International57590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28795 USD per semester during 24 months.
National57590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28795 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.