The Architecture Studies - Computation program of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is intended both for students who already have a professional degree in architecture and those interested in advanced non-professional graduate study.
Students at Architecture Studies - Computation program of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) will:
- learn about varied nature and practice of computation in architectural design, and the ways in which design meaning, intention, and knowledge are constructed through sensing, thinking, and making computationally.
- focus on the development of innovative computational tools, processes and theories, and applying these in creative, socially meaningful responses to challenging design problems.
- Aga Khan Program for Islamic Architecture
- Architectural Design
- Architecture and Urbanism
- Building Technology
- History, Theory and Criticism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Computer Sciences View 610 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A professional degree in Architecture (Master of Architecture or 5-year accredited Bachelor of Architecture) with high academic standing from a recognized institution or, in the judgment of the department, the equivalent of this degree.
- Letters of recommendation (3-4)
- Transcripts for all relevant degrees
- IELTS or TOEFL score (if English is not your first language)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Objectives
- $75 application fee
- Portfolio (not required where a writing sample is more appropriate)
International57590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57590 USD per year during 24 months.
National57590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57590 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.