Students in Applied and Commercial Biotechnology from Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences take coursework covering our main experimental fields of interest, as well as commercialisation of biotechnology. Thus, students graduating from our programme possess a cross-disciplinary approach to addressing biotechnological problems.
Graduates with Applied and Commercial Biotechnology from Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences will have:
- advanced cross-disciplinary approach to biotechnological problems
- advanced knowledge of methods used in biotechnological companies as gene technology, cell biology and bioprocess engineering
- advanced knowledge about the commercialisation of biotechnology in order to develop marketable products based on promising research results
- Methods in Cell and Reproductive biotechnology
- Methods in Molecular Biology
- Bioprocess Technology
- Biotechnological Methods
- Bioeconomy and Biobusiness
- Methods in biobusiness
- Development of bioproducts and services
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology View 4 other Masters in Biotechnology in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences and/or in Norway, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Degree from higher education must fulfil the following requirements:
- The equivalent of at least 80 ECTS credits in natural sciences and mathematics, with a solid foundation in chemistry and biology. Coursework in biochemistry must be included, with a minimum grade of C.
- A minimum average grade of D for the 80 ECTS credits.
For Experimental Biotechnology:
- Coursework in Molecular biology with a minimum grade of C
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences doesn't have any tuition fees. A registration and semester fee of NOK 851 applies at the start of the semester.
Living costs for Elverum
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.