You’ll examine the significant role that international law has played in the redistribution of wealth and the reform of the global economic order, and develop a specialised and detailed knowledge of the law concerning international trade. You’ll also investigate and apply the complex rules of international trade law to novel problems, and real-world and hypothetical scenarios.
The course also gives you the opportunity to critically evaluate the legal rules and underlying policies concerning International Trade Law.
The International Trade Law programme at University of Leeds will enable you to embark upon a career in legal practice, or any career, where success is built upon the ability to understand, analyse and respond to developments in international trade law.
Graduates have secured employment as lawyers, legal managers and international trade consultants. A number of our students remain with us to pursue a further research career as PhD students.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The International Law of Foreign Investment
- World Trade Organization Law
- Postgraduate Legal Research Skills
- International Economic Law
- Financial Crime
- Cyberlaw: Regulation of Cyberspace
- International E-Commerce Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) International Business View 349 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in law, finance, economics or business or a related area.
Documents and information you will need include:
- Original or certified copies of your transcripts
- Original or certified copies of your degree certificate
- Original or certified copy of your IELTS/TOEFL results (if English is not your first language).
If you have the talent and drive, we want you to be able to study with us, whatever your financial circumstances. There may be help for students in the form of loans and non-repayable grants from the University and from the government.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.