- English Students at The Citadel - The Military College of South Carolina have access to graduate faculties, libraries, and electronic research resources at both institutions. Small classes foster lively discussion, close analysis, and the development of intellectual community. Opportunities for internships outside of academia and in college teaching allow students to customize their education.
- The program is appropriate for recent and returning college graduates, English teachers, and those interested in mid-career professional development and personal intellectual growth. In addition to learning how to analyze literature and culture more effectively, students acquire critical thinking habits, problem-solving strategies, and communication skills that will serve them well in many different contexts.
- Our graduates are well prepared for a range of careers. Many take their skills to the nonprofit or for-profit world as journalists, editors, or professional and technical writers. Some turn to the classroom, teaching writing and literature in high school or in community colleges. Still others pursue PhDs in English to do research and teach at the college and university level. The English MA is a widely respected degree that enhances credentials for employment and advanced academic and professional study in many fields.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Major British Writers
- Humanities Special Topic - World Religion
- Crime on FIlm
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 1057 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Online Application
- Completed a degree equivalent to an American baccalaureate degree.
- Have academic credentials officially evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) and sent directly from that organization to The Citadel Graduate College office.
- Meet all the admission criteria for the desired graduate degree program.
- Submit an official TOEFL score if native language is not English. The minimum acceptable score is 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 79 internet-based applicants may be exempt from the TOEFL requirement if the applicant has a minimum of 2 years of course study, with a 3.0 or higher GPA, from an institution where English is the native language.
International30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State17850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Charleston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.