The Erasmus Mundus Master in Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling programme at KU Leuven is a joint initiative of and organised by:
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (coordinating institution), Spain
- Universiteit Groningen, the Netherlands
- KU Leuven, Belgium
- Università degli Studi di Perugia, Italy
- Université Paul Sabatier - Toulouse III, France
- Universitat de Valencia, Spain
In addition to commanding a sound theoretical knowledge in chemistry and computational modelling, you will be equipped to apply your mastery of code in a work environment or to develop new codes to address emerging specifications in the fields of research or production. You will have attained the necessary skills to pursue a scientific career as a doctoral student in chemistry, physics or material science. You will also be qualified to work as an expert in molecular design in the pharmaceutical industry, at petrochemical companies and in the new materials industry. You will also have a suitable profile to work as a computational expert.
- Quantum Chemistry
- Chemical Applications of Group Theory
- Chemistry in Motion
- Chemical Statistical Mechanics
- Density Functional Theory
- Electronic Structure of Molecular Materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Computer Sciences View 11 other Masters in Chemistry in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor (of Science) in Chemistry, Physics or Material Science, or any equivalent level if authorized by the legislation of the corresponding European Country. Other scientific bachelors can be accepted, provided the student takes complementary levelling courses, under the supervision of his local Tutor.
- The same criteria are applied to students coming from third countries. For students coming from third countries or having a Bachelor different from those mentioned above, the prerquisite knowledge level, as specified above, should be certified.
- To guarantee homogenous evaluation of these requirements, the cases of applicants coming from Third Countries (outside EU) or from Bachelors different from the aforementioned ones will be handled by the International Committee.
- The selection of the students applying for the Master is made (this applies both to European and third-country students) by the International Committee of the Master.
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.