Localization is the process of adapting the content related to an idea, service, or product to the language and culture of a specific market or region.
Our Translation and Localization Management (TLM) degree at Middlebury Institute of International Studies is a career-focused master’s that’s ideal if you’re interested in working at the intersection of language, culture, business, and technology. You’ll take hands-on courses in language, management, and technology; develop cross-cultural understanding and communication; and build highly marketable skills—in fact, many top employers seek out our graduates as their go-to hires for localization management talent.
What You’ll Learn
Our tech-focused curriculum will prepare you to quickly advance in the fast-growing localization industry. You’ll learn to use the latest translation and localization software, benefit from industry-focused electives, and gain experience through a professional practicum.
- Learn to manage translation and localization projects to keep projects on track for worldwide launches.
- Strengthen your technology skills, including core web abilities and multiple computer programming languages.
- Use the skills you gain through courses in finance, marketing, and management to expand an organization’s market share.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You’ll spend your second year of the program gaining real-world experience through a localization practicum, during which you’ll either work on a translation or research project or join the student-operated Globe Multilingual Services.
- Globe is a translation agency where you work with classmates, choose clients to work with, and explore the complexities of working together on large-scale, multilingual projects.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Translation & Interpreting View 1537 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Personal scholarship statements
- $65 application fee
- Undergraduate transcripts
- One letter of recommendation (two preferred)
- Interview in person or via Skype (if needed)
- GRE or GMAT scores (not required
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (required only for nonnative English speakers)
- Second language proficiency
International41594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41594 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National41594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41594 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.