Our TESOL and Teaching Foreign Language (TFL) degrees from Middlebury Institute of International Studies are career-focused master’s, taught on our Monterey campus with a one-year hybrid option.
Our graduates are in high demand from schools and universities around the world. You’ll be prepared not only to teach but to train other language teachers, conduct research, develop curricula, manage language programs, and lead in the various fields of language education.
What You’ll Learn
- Our rigorous curriculum, taught by renowned language education experts, will deliver a balance of pedagogy, theory, research, and assessment—all of which will expand your career opportunities. Several course projects will get you into the field to put what you’ve learned into practice in a professional setting.
- With language learning technology integrated throughout our courses, you’ll explore today’s innovative tools and help develop tomorrow’s.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research and Practice
- Summer Intensive Language Program
- Intensive English Programs
- Graduate Writing Center
- Custom Language Services
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Teaching View 1068 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Personal scholarship statements
- $65 application fee
- Undergraduate transcripts
- One letter of recommendation (two preferred)
- Interview in person or via Skype (if needed)
- GRE or GMAT scores (not required)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (required only for nonnative English speakers)
- Second language proficiency (only for TFL)
International41594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41594 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National41594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41594 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.