The Middlebury Institute of International Studies Master of Arts in International Trade and Economic Diplomacy (ITED) helps you develop policy analysis and trade negotiation skills for careers in businesses, government, and civil society. Economic interdependence between countries and across production chains continues to grow, despite the recent pushback against globalization. International trade creates opportunities that can stimulate innovation, promote growth, and reduce poverty. This is a three-semester, 48-credit program.
From NAFTA to the U.S.-China trade war, trade is at the forefront of many public policy discussions today. It is crucial to understand trade from diplomatic and practical standpoints. This is truly a pivotal time to launch a career in this critical area.
Career-Oriented Course Work
- Our comprehensive curriculum exposes students to the business, economic, legal, and political forces dominating the burgeoning international marketplace.
- It includes relevant skills and hands-on course work, options for specialization (such as economic diplomacy, trade compliance, and economic development), and a final immersion semester for internships and other professional experience.
- Bridging cultural and linguistic barriers opens up global career opportunities, so ITED students take several content courses in their chosen language of study and intercultural competence. See the curriculum for more details.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Statistics
- International Trade: Theory and Practice
- International Trade Law and Dispute Resolution
- Comparative Business/Government Relations
- 21st Century Trade Issues
- Negotiating Global Development Policy
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Business View 205 other Masters in International Business in United States
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Personal scholarship statements
- $65 application fee
- Undergraduate transcripts
- One letter of recommendation (two preferred)
- Interview in person or via Skype (if needed)
- GRE or GMAT scores (not required)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (required only for nonnative English speakers)
- Second language proficiency
International41594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41594 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National41594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41594 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.