The current concept of education and training of pupils with disabilities is increasingly directed towards an inclusive approach which is understood to be a comprehensive interdisciplinary issue.
The diagnosis, intervention, education, and counselling are provided by special needs teachers not only in the field of education, but also within the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. The current concept of special education covers the widest range of age categories - early and preschool age, school age, adulthood and also seniors.
The main focus of the Special Education program at Masaryk University is to prepare an expert with a broad socio-scholastic perspective focused on pedagogical-psychological disciplines.
The program is implemented in the forms of full time attendance and combined studies. It is internally divided into six specializations: Speech Therapy and Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment, Problem Behaviour, Intellectual Disability and Autism Spectrum Disorders, Multiple Disability, Special Andragogy. Optional specialization focuses on Specific Learning Difficulties.
The employment of the graduates from this study program is assumed in the positions of counsellors who are in personal contacts with children, pupils or adults with disabilities, especially with visual impairments, hearing impairments and communication disorders. They will perform a special educational diagnostics, design the individual plans, provide interventions and special educational counselling, and cooperate with experts at interdisciplinary level. They will be ready to communicate and cooperate with parents of children and pupils and teachers of special and regular schools.
Students specializing in Andragogy will gain theoretical knowledge about people with different special needs, with disabilities and disadvantages. Students will be acquainted in detail with services for adults and seniors with disabilities or social disadvantage, working methods and approaches and aspects of their support.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication of hard of hearing and deaf people
- Educational Psychology (Exercise)
- English for Special Educators
- Research Methods in Special Education
- Support Strategies of Mathematical Literacy
- Specialization: Specific Learning Difficulties
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 4 other Masters in Special Education in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree certificateProof of qualifications (diploma copy certified by an authorised university office or a public notary) including a final transcript of records. A diploma or transcript of records not issued in English or Czech should be accompanied by an official English language translation, stamped and signed by an authorised translator or university office.
- Certificate of proficiency in English
- Curriculum vitaeSummary of education, relevant work experience, skills, etc.
- Statement of purposeDocument outlining your personal and professional motivation for applying for studies in a given degree programme.
- Recommendation letterYou may be required to provide references from a teacher or thesis supervisor.
International2055 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2055 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2055 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2055 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic annually offers scholarships designed for university students or graduates and Ph.D. candidates from other countries who wish to accomplish a study or research stay at one of the higher education institutions in the Czech Republic.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.