The master’s programme in Economics and Strategy in Emerging Markets from Maastricht University combines aspects of economic analysis and business economics to address issues related to emerging markets. It is an interdisciplinary degree that will provide you with the knowledge required for a successful international career in business or policy-making.
You will learn to apply tools from economic theory and data analysis to gain insights into the institutional and policy contexts of emerging economies. These insights can be used to advise business and policy leaders on sustainable strategies for economic development and the integration of countries and firms into global exchanges of products, knowledge and capital.
This master’s programme prepares you for career opportunities at organisations such as:
- multinational companies
- governmental agencies
- policymaking institutes
- research institutes
You’ll also be qualified to pursue many different positions within those organisations, including:
- executive functions
- policy maker
Your experience with formulating and analysing data-driven research questions will also be valuable if you choose to pursue a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Empirical Methods in Economics
- International Macroeconomics for Emerging Markets
- Strategic Management for Emerging Markets
- Socio-Economics Development in Emerging Markets
- Professional Development in Emerging Markets
- Policy in Emerging Markets
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics International Development Strategic Management View 26 other Masters in International Development in Netherlands
List of grades of your bachelor’s programme
- Upload a transcript of grades from each university you have attended, plus a translation if the original is not in English.
- List your education, relevant extracurricular activities, internships and (professional) experience.
- Provide good arguments for why you want to do this master’s programme at Maastricht University and why you expect that you can successfully complete the programme.
- Upload proof of all relevant statistics courses that you followed during your bachelor’s programme. Indicate in a separate Word-document the name of the course(s), the number of credits you received and a short course description (max. 10 sentences per course). If you did not have any statistics in your bachelor’s programme, please indicate this as well.
International13800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13800 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2143 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.