Why study MSc Disaster Management at BU?
- Learn at one of the leading providers of Disaster Management training and education both in the UK and overseas
- Develop knowledge and skills from a broad range of organisations, such as government agencies, international industries, and emergency services, required for future leaders
- Acquire critical understanding of risk reduction and resilience strategies to enable to you respond and help recover disasters when they occur
- Flexible learning options, including a choice of full-time or part-time study
- Blended course delivery enabling you to conduct your learning from anywhere in the world.
Bournemouth University Disaster Management Centre (BUDMC)
Bournemouth University’s Disaster Management Centre (BUDMC) has garnered decades of experience in education, research and professional practice.
The BUDMC enjoys an international reputation, selected alongside BU’s International Centre for Tourism & Hospitality Research by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNTWO) to undertake vital research into global disaster management.
For full-time and part-time options
Each taught unit is delivered via one week of intensive lectures/seminars at Bournemouth University, Monday to Friday, 9am–4pm. This is then followed by eight weeks of online learning study, developmental activities and assignment writing. This can be conducted in your own time from anywhere in the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing Policies and Plans
- Management of Communications and Learning
- Management of Man-Made Disasters and Security Threats
- Management of Natural Hazards
- Humanitarian Operations and External Assistance
- Management of Wider Stakeholders
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application deadline for this course. However, if you will need a visa, think carefully about the length of time it will take for your visa application to be processed.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Emergency & Disaster Management View 40 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent.
- If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Fees shown are for 2022/23 entry, please visit the website for more information about fees.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.