Through hands-on experience at the Charles Drew University of Medicine & Science, you'll gain the skills and habits of mind required to excel at biomedical research.
Get InDo you have a BS degree in a basic science or a post-baccalaureate certificate in pre-medicine? Did you graduate with at least a 'B' average? Earned a reasonably good score on the MCAT or GRE? Do you have the full complement of basic science courses under your belt? Then consult our admission requirements to see if you qualify for CDU's one year Master of Science degree program in Biomedical Sciences.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Medical Biochemistry
- Physiological Basis of Health and Diseases
- Translational Research Methods I
- Ethical Conduct in Medicine and Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Human Medicine View 767 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited institution
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- One of the following admission exams with a minimum score at or better indicating excellence
- MCAT: 24, MCAT 2015 498
- GRE: 300
- DAT: 18
- PCAT: 70
- OAT: 300
- Obtain all pre-requisite courses prior to matriculation
- General Chemistry with lab: 1 year or 8 units
- General Biology with lab: 1 year or 8 units
- Organic Chemistry with lab: 1 year or 8 units
- Calculus/Statistics 1 semester or 3 units
- Three (3) recommendation letters, academic/professional (recommendation form is required)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal Goal Statement
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores must be submitted prior to any offer of acceptance
- Coursework completed outside the US, must be evaluated for US course equivalency from one of the following services (course-by-course evaluation required):
International20808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 578 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 578 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Willowbrook
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.