We are internationally recognised as a centre of excellence for the study of medieval history, with nine medieval specialsts (full-time staff). The Medieval History MA course at King's College London is among the most successful of its kind worldwide, offering a broad range of optional modules and also expert training in historical skills and techniques.
- International centre of excellence for the study of Medieval history.
- Introduces students to the burgeoning field of digital humanities through collaboration with the Department of Digitial Humanities and King’s Digital Lab.
- The central London location offers students unrivalled access to world-class museums, collections, archives and libraries as well as easy access to resources in Europe.
- Vibrant research culture, including seminars and conferences at which students are encouraged to participate and give papers.
Career prospectsOur graduates continue to further research or transfer their skills and knowledge to careers in teaching, archives, the media, finance, politics and heritage industries.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Materials & Methods
- The History of Medieval Women
- Food and Drink in Medieval England
- Magna Carta & Medieval Monarchy
- Money in the Middle Ages
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 493 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree with 2:1 honours in history or related subjects such as politics. Students without a history degree may be required to show relevant research skills in order to be accepted.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International22350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK fees: £4,995 per year
- Overseas fees: £11,175 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.