The Special Education - Applied Behavior Analyst program at Saint Peter's University focuses on students who have been diagnosed on the autism spectrum. In addition to learning instructional strategies and effective classroom management, individuals will participate in a sequence of applied behavior analysis courses, which will include focus on behavioral principles and procedures, application analysis, modification of behavior and behavioral research and methodology to evaluate interventions on students. Individuals who successfully complete this program will earn certification as a teacher of students with disabilities.
The Graduate Education programs enable classroom teachers, educational professionals, administrators, and leaders to continue their professional development. The programs prepare individuals with the knowledge needed to advance their careers, as well as train qualified candidates wishing to enter the teaching and counseling professions.
The Graduate Education programs are offered on a flexible schedule to suit the needs of working adults. Classes are offered once-a-week in the later afternoon and evening. The majority of courses are available on the Jersey City campus and the Meadowlands campus. Specialized courses and programs are also offered at partner locations throughout New Jersey.
- Overview of Educational Disabilities and Foundations for Specialized Instruction
- Effective Classroom Management and Behavior Intervention
- Assisting Students with Special Needs in the General Education Classroom
- Assessment Techniques for Students with Disabilities
- Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Research Seminar: Applied Behavior Analysis
- Curriculum Development for Students with Disabilities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSpecial Education Educational Psychology Teaching View 723 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university or international equivalent. Transcripts must be sent directly from your secondary school, university or an EducationUSA advisor.
- Academic transcripts with English Translation from all colleges and universities attended.
- Proof of English proficiency (one of the following scores must be sent directly from testing agency).
- Personal statement (500) words or more.
- 2–3 recommendation letters.
- Résumé. Additional criteria may be required depending on program/degree.
International37356 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1132 USD per credit during 12 months.
National37356 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1132 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Jersey City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.