The practical focus allows graduate students to develop advanced techniques in the specialized areas of counseling that schools require. Graduate students who complete the School Counseling program at Saint Peter's University will gain the prerequisite knowledge about counseling, but more importantly will gain the necessary background and skills to guide students beyond the pedagogical scope provided in typical counseling programs.
Knowledge and skills are developed along contemporary challenges faced by today’s schools. Appropriate emphasis is placed on techniques for counseling students in general education classes as well as specialized settings.
The Graduate Education programs enable classroom teachers, educational professionals, administrators, and leaders to continue their professional development. The programs prepare individuals with the knowledge needed to advance their careers, as well as train qualified candidates wishing to enter the teaching and counseling professions.
The Graduate Education programs are offered on a flexible schedule to suit the needs of working adults. Classes are offered once-a-week in the later afternoon and evening. The majority of courses are available on the Jersey City campus and the Meadowlands campus. Specialized courses and programs are also offered at partner locations throughout New Jersey.
- Psychological Foundations of Learning
- Directed Research in Higher Education
- Assessment of Student Ability and Achievement
- Individual Counseling and Interviewing
- GGroup Counseling
- Career Counseling
- College Counseling
- Crisis Counseling
- Abnormal Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation School Counselling Educational Psychology View 592 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university or international equivalent. Transcripts must be sent directly from your secondary school, university or an EducationUSA advisor.
- Academic transcripts with English Translation from all colleges and universities attended.
- Proof of English proficiency (one of the following scores must be sent directly from testing agency).
- Personal statement (500) words or more.
- 2–3 recommendation letters.
- Résumé. Additional criteria may be required depending on program/degree.
International27168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1132 USD per credit during 24 months.
National27168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1132 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Jersey City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.