The Victorian Studies programme at Leeds Trinity University gives you the opportunity to gain the skills in research, analysis and synthesis that you will need to progress to a research degree, as well as detailed knowledge of a range of topics within Victorian Studies.
You will examine trends and developments in Victorian social and political history, and you will have the opportunity to explore a particular aspect of Victorian culture (for example, art, architecture, or music) in depth.
You also have the option of enhancing your employability skills – or developing in your profession – by applying your research in a workplace-based project. Taking the MA in Victorian Studies could lead on to a PhD, or to a career in teaching or the heritage industry.
We’re proud to be known as the University where you’re a name, not a number, thanks to our commitment to ensuring everyone in our community feels supported and valued. Leeds Trinity has always been characterised by this sense of community spirit, offering a truly personal university experience that has enabled students to flourish. We deliver outstanding teaching led by research, scholarship and practice, which has earned us national acclaim for the quality of our teaching. Our teaching staff have extensive professional experience in their fields and many are active researchers, contributing to our increasing reputation for research excellence.
- The Victorians
- Victorian Literature
- Professional Development and Practice
- Victorian Society
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no official closing date for applications, but the course will be closed when it is full. We therefore encourage you to make your application as early as possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Ancient History View 622 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- We normally require a good honours degree with some content relevant to Victorian Studies, e.g. a BA (Hons) in English including modules on 19th-Century Literature or a BA (Hons) in History. However, we also welcome applications from graduates in other disciplines who can demonstrate interest in, and knowledge of, Victorian Studies.
- Successful applicants will normally be offered a place on the basis of an application form, supporting letter, referees’ reports and an interview.
- Applicants who meet the entry criteria will be invited to a one-to-one interview with the Programme Leader, at a mutually convenient time.
- The interview will cover the following areas:
- You will be asked to demonstrate your interest in the Victorian era
- You will also be asked to talk in depth about one particular example of Victorian culture, society, or literature
- You will also have the chance to find out more about the course and its study patterns
International11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7150 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.