What will I be able to do when I finish this programme?
On completion of this Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs programme at Institute of Technology Carlow, students should be able to:
- Devise and implement global strategies for drug, biologic, and device development and evaluation;
- Apply principles of basic and applied pharmaceutical sciences in drug and biologics discovery and development.
Special Features of this programme
The primary objective of this Masters is to enable learners to expand their job responsibilities and opportunities in new areas after completing the programme. It will also enable learners to create an excellent network within the pharmaceutical industry, both by meeting other regulatory professionals during the course and by interacting with industry experts while completing their dissertation research.
Programme StructureWhat subjects will I study?
- Lifecycle Management, Vigilance, Surveillance and Risk management
- Pharmaceutical Technology Regulatory Affairs
- Non Clinical and Clinical Evaluation of Pharmaceutical TechnologiesMedical Technology Regulatory Affairs
- Principles of Discovery of medicines and Development Planning
- Research methods and Technical Report Writing
- Special Populations and Biologicals and Advanced Therapies
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Pharmacy Health Management View 24 other Masters in Pharmacy in Ireland
A second-class honours degree in science, engineering, quality, pharmaceutical or regulatory affairs or cognate areas. Those failing to meet the classification requirement may be eligible for entry to the Postgraduate Diploma.
- Candidates with significant experience in: pharmaceutical operations, quality engineering, device design, mid to senior management in industry, other professionals who wish to upskill in the regulatory affairs environment, regulatory affairs personnel themselves who want to upskill (as determined by the Institute’s recognition of prior learning policy), in addition to an honours primary degree in another discipline area may also be considered for entry.
International11250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 EUR per year during 12 months.
National7400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7400 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Carlow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.