On completion of this Teaching and Learning course at Institute of Technology Carlow, students should be able to:
- Critically analyse current theories and research in teaching, learning and assessment practices and policies in higher education;
- Assess, select and evaluate the use of varied teaching and assessment strategies, including the integration of digital technologies to ensure effective teaching practices and enhance student engagement;
- Synthesise pedagogical research with discipline-based expertise to enhance models of higher education practice and the design of education programmes for diverse leaners;
- Apply the reflective practitioner model in order to identify and promote improvements to own practice, whilst demonstrating professionalism and high ethical standards;
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership skills in working with peers and other educators and the wider community in designing curricula, leading programmes and/or conducting research supervision in diverse educational settings;
- Evaluate the wider social, political and economic environment within which the teaching professional operates;
- Demonstrate reflectivity and creativity in the interpretation and application of concepts, methods and approaches to teaching, learning and assessment;
- Develop knowledge and expertise in the use of appropriate research methods in higher education and use these to research practice and make a contribution to knowledge;
- Design and execute an independent, critical, and reflective professional investigation which examines the relationship between theory and practice, adopting the most appropriate research methods to address and analyse the identified issues.
- Teaching and Learning
- Assessment and Feedback
- Curriculum Design
- Technology-Enhanced Teaching & Learning
- Education Research Methods
- Masters Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 48 other Masters in Language Studies in Ireland
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Institute of Technology Carlow and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Entry requirements are a Level 8 degree, minimum of Second Class Honours, Grade 2 or equivalent. IT Carlow operates a Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPL) scheme whereby applicants may be considered, based on relevant work and other experience, for exemptions from course modules and advanced entry.
- As critical reflection on teaching and learning practices is an integral part of this programme, applicants should be currently involved in (or envisage being involved in) an active teaching role.
- All applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. IT Carlow reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the programme.
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Carlow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.