The Leadership in Early Years Education and Care Masters programme at the Institute of Technology Carlow will develop students' ability to both analyse, manage and creatively respond to critical issues and changes in early childhood care policy and service implementation, all the time being cognisant of the best interests of the child.
What will I be able to do when I finish this programme?
Graduates of this programme will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the underlying theories and key concepts with a focus on leadership and critical assessment skills within an Irish and International context;
- Analyse the current theories, concepts, challenges and research areas with an ability to solve complex problems through a variety of reflective and participatory work;
- Exhibit critical awareness of contemporary issues and challenges relating to the role and effect of early years education on the child, the family and society;
- Apply the theory and practice of leadership roles in supporting quality;
- Engage in scholarly debate at an academic, policy and practice based level on a range of early year’s education and leadership issues;
- Develop, maintain and build on professional relationships fostered throughout the programme with practical skills and tools to reflect and critically self-evaluate;
- Gather, assimilate, synthesise and analyse information on a variety of levels;
- Critically reflect on how leadership practice in early year’s education connects to and interacts with wider social issues in Ireland and beyond.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues in Early Years Policy, Theory and Practice
- Leading Quality in Early Years Education & Care
- Leadership, Strategy & Governance
- Transformative Children’s Rights Education
- Educational Psychology
- Early Years Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Research Methods & Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Early Childhood Education View 7 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have an honours degree in a related subject
- If English is not your first language, a minimum score 6.0 IELTS or equivalent is required for all postgraduate programmes
International11250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11250 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.