The Secondary Education - Composition Studies program from Indiana University Southeast provides coursework for high school teachers seeking to enhance their knowledge and understanding of this field in order to satisfy Higher Learning Commission (HLC) requirements for instructors of dual credit courses.
Graduates with Secondary Education - Composition Studies from Indiana University Southeast will:
- gain required research skills
- gain knowledge and understanding of this field
- Education and Social Issues
- Assessment in Schools
- Instruction in Context of Curriculum
- Research in Secondary Education
- Advanced Study in the Teaching of Reading in the Junior High and Secondary Schools
- Teaching Composition: Issues and Approaches
- Readings in Media/Literature/Culture
- Computers in Composition
- Theory and Practice of Exposition
- Teaching Composition; Theories & Application
- Advanced Argumentative Writing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 4292 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete online application. A $40 graduate application fee is assessed when applying to the program.
- The online application will prompt you for a brief personal statement and will ask you to upload a copy of current teaching license or statement of eligibility, if applicable for your program.
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed at institutions other than an IU school. A 2.5 GPA for all undergraduate course work, 3.0 GPA for all graduate course work is required.
International26424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 734 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 734 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State11196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 311 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.