The Secondary Education - English as a New Language and English as a Second Language program from Indiana University Southeast provides coursework for high school teachers seeking to enhance their knowledge and understanding of this growing and vitally important field.
Graduates with Secondary Education - Composition Studies from Indiana University Southeast will:
- Focus on both technical aspects of ENL/ESL instruction and wider cultural issues
- Gain context for understanding the classroom environment
- Instruction in Context of Curriculum
- Travel Study
- Writing Instruction for TESL Teachers
- Language Foundation for ESL/EFL
- ESL/EFL Instruction and Assessment Approaches
- Language Issues in Bi- and Multi-Lingual Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Languages Secondary Education View 289 other Masters in Secondary Education in United States
- Complete online application. A $40 graduate application fee is assessed when applying to the program.
- The online application will prompt you for a brief personal statement and will ask you to upload a copy of current teaching license or statement of eligibility, if applicable for your program.
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed at institutions other than an IU school. A 2.5 GPA for all undergraduate course work, 3.0 GPA for all graduate course work is required.
International22410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 747 USD per credit during 12 months.
National22410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 747 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State9510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 317 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.