The Web Design and New Media program of Academy of Art University provides professional study for students pursuing a career in web design and new media. Progress is measured through a rigorous process to achieve a final project portfolio.
Program Learing Outcomes
Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
- Gather, analyze and apply the information necessary to develop design solutions centered on real target users
- Create interactive architecture to support the needs of the projects’ functionality
- Effectively utilize grid, hierarchy, typography, color, and composition
- Apply the above design principles to effectively implement and show interactivity appropriate to the project
- Demonstrate an understanding of the current interactive technologies by selecting the appropriate technical tools to complete substantive projects and a professional portfolio site
- Demonstrate a realistic consideration of potential users
- Apply testing results to refine projects throughout the design process, documenting key iterations along the way
- Present a clearly defined portfolio that comprehensively integrates all the skills learned in the MA program
- Accurately cite or credit sources used to develop portfolio work.
Academy of Art University offers some of the best training and hands-on experience to help accelerate your career. We pride ourselves in doing an exceptional job preparing you to excel in your future web design career. Our degree programs are designed to equip aspiring artists and designers with a comprehensive toolbox of marketable skills that lead to success in the web design and new media industries.
Give conceptual and stylistic direction for design staff, developers, and anyone else involved in the creation or maintenance of a project.
User Experience Developer
As a user experience designer, you’ll use the User Centered Design process to understand the what, why, and how a product is used. You’ll get to know your users through through research and you’ll use their input to guide the process so that you can provide them with a design that is not only intuitive, but also delightful.
An interactive designer is responsible for design strategy, identifying key interactions of a product, creating and testing prototypes, and keeping up to date on technology trends. Combining strong design thinking and excellent visual design skills, you’ll create digital products that impact the user.
As a mobile designer, you'll create new and engaging experiences for emerging mobile devices and screens.
As a motion designer, you'll concept user interfaces, interaction animations, and design for emerging devices and platforms.
As a user-interface designer, you'll work with user-exprience designers and developers to create mockups, prototypes, and layouts for web applications and dashboards.
Work with a team of creatives to explore many different design solutions to a user’s particular needs. You’re there to ensure a consistent look and feel for the human side of a product, and that the product logically flows as the user moves from decision to decision, making the overall experience a positive and satisfying one.
Working with the design and technology staff, the visual designer is responsible for creating high-quality, user-centric design solutions.
With a strong background in both design and web programming languages, you'll create working prototypes from visual designs and wireframes as a web designer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Digital Graphics
- Tech 1: Front-End
- User Experience Design
- Visual Design & Typography
- Tech 2: Back-End
- Topics in Motion Graphics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media View 178 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- College transcripts must show the classes/subjects, grades, credits and number of hours completed for each class
- Applicants and sponsors must complete the Affidavit of Support Form
- An art portfolio in your chosen discipline is required with detailed descriptions for all international graduate school applicants
- An official bank letter (from student. family/parents/sponsor) must show a minimum balance of $42,000 USD or equivalent
- We do not require TOEFL or IELTS scores and do not have a minimum score requirement
- Photocopy of your valid passport
- Photocopy of your 1-20, 1-94, or other visa document
- If your transcripts are not in English. they must be translated and notarized
International1191 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1191 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1137 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1137 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.