Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
- Direct a short film that showcases their abilities as a writer-director.
- Develop compelling ideas for short and feature film screenplays.
- Create defined and engaging characters.
- Write a well-structured short film script and feature outline.
- Elicit engaging and believable performances from actors.
- Make well-organized and effective choices that serve the story during the preproduction, production and postproduction process.
- Apply film marketing research to develop an effective social media marketing campaign and articulate a promotional strategy for their film.
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Creative Writing View 215 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Application form or online application
- $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from your undergraduate college/university showing completion of an undergraduate degree
- One page essay explaining personal goals for graduate school or essay related to a topic as required by the Department
- Resume: Describe your educational and professional experience
- Portfolio/Demo reel: A portfolio with detailed descriptions in your chosen discipline is required
- Additional materials may be required.
International1083 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1083 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1083 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1083 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
per unit - 3 units per class
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.