The Advertising and Branded Media Technology program of Academy of Art University provides students with an opportunity to learn the technical skills that will support their future careers in the art of advertising. It prepares students to solve tomorrow’s problems today. Learning from accomplished advertising professionals, students are prepared for the real world of advertising.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
- Develop strategic elements focused on the target customer, the product/service, and the market
- Gather, assess, and apply relevant information, including historical research, to strategic work
- Use appropriate visual media, including freehand drawing, to convey essential elements
- Convey creative ideas, concepts, and brand tone through engaging and sophisticated language at each stage of the creative process
- Communicate verbally and in writing with a unique and versatile voice
- Communicate relevant objectives through the use of appealing aesthetic choices
- Think conceptually and execute projects beyond traditional advertising media
- Produce a cohesive portfolio tailored to reflect career goals
- Submit work according to professional presentation standards.
Successful advertising careers require problem-solvers, which is why our hands-on degree programs provide aspiring advertising professionals a comprehensive problem-solving toolbox of marketable skills and training.
You’ll find our graduates enjoying roles as art directors, copywriters, creative strategists, content creators and others at leading companies. Who’s hiring our alumni? Companies like razorfish, Leo Burnett, Y&R, Ogilvy, AKQA, CP+B and more.
Art directors are responsible for communicating a clear, unique, and interesting idea about a product or a brand. With copywriters, they drive the advertising industry.
Create, edit, and curate compelling work to supplement ads. You'll work with blogs, streaming videos, magazine articles, books, songs, and movies.
Copywriters craft messages and develop stories for all media so a product or brand can have an intriguing voice. Together with art directors, they form the creative teams that drive the advertising industry.
You'll manage information flow, conduct research, and inform and inspire the creative teams. You'll also help devise business strategies and guide clients to success.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Graphics
- Perspectives in Advertising
- History of Graphic Design
- Art Direction
- Copywriting Techniques
- Brand Strategy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media View 269 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- College transcripts must show the classes/subjects, grades, credits and number of hours completed for each class
- Applicants and sponsors must complete the Affidavit of Support Form
- An art portfolio in your chosen discipline is required with detailed descriptions for all international graduate school applicants
- An official bank letter (from student. family/parents/sponsor) must show a minimum balance of $42,000 USD or equivalent
- We do not require TOEFL or IELTS scores and do not have a minimum score requirement
- Photocopy of your valid passport
- Photocopy of your 1-20, 1-94, or other visa document
- If your transcripts are not in English. they must be translated and notarized
International35730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1191 USD per credit during 24 months.
National34110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1137 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.