JBU’s School Counseling program prepares you for school counseling and guidance positions in elementary and secondary schools. Graduates with a passing score on the PRAXIS exam will be licensed by the Arkansas Department of Education.
While there are some online course options, the majority of this program's courses will need to be attended in-person. JBU offers evening School Counseling classes at it's campuses in Fort Smith, Little Rock, Rogers, and Siloam Springs.
The M.Ed. in School Counseling is 49 credit hours. Time to completion depends on whether a student pursues this degree part-time or full-time.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Action Research and Data Analysis for School and Classroom Use
- Special Education Behavior Management/Assessment
- Orientation to Counseling in Elementary & Secondary Schools
- Ethics and School Policies
- Pedagogy: Classroom Instruction
- School Counseling Pre-Practicum Lab
- School Counseling Practicum
- School Counseling Internship
- Human Development
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Group Theory
- Theories and Techniques of Counseling
- Career Development Information and Vocational Education
- Christian Foundations in Counseling
- Child and Adolescent Counseling
- Brief Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Rolling application deadline
DisciplinesCounselling View 887 other Masters in Counselling in United States
A candidate seeking admission to graduate study must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and meet the following requirements:
- Submit a completed graduate student application form with a $35 non-refundable application fee.
- Provide an official transcript from the college awarding the undergraduate degree.
- Submit graduate recommendation forms from three persons who are not related to the applicant but are familiar with the applicant’s character and scholarship.
- Present acceptable graduate entry tests appropriate for the desired degree, as described below.
- Provide additional information or participate in an admission interview if requested by the department head or Dean.
International560 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 560 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National560 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 560 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.