In the Data Analytics programme of the University of Glasgow you will gain a firm grounding in the principles of learning from data sets, whilst at the same time getting hands-on experience handling, analysing and visualising data. which will help you to realise your true potential while making you in demand in the modern workplace. Both Artificial Intelligence and Analytical Reasoning are among the top three most-in demand hard skills.
Why this programme
- The Statistics Group at the University of Glasgow is internationally renowned for its research excellence. Students are able to benefit from this by learning from academics whose expertise covers the analysis of data from a wide range of applications.
- Designed for part time study, this programme allows you to gain an MSc degree from a leading university while you are still in full-time employment. Plus, from day one you can start to put your new knowledge to the test at work. You won't have to wait until you've graduated to make a real difference in the workplace.
- A faster study route, which lets you complete the programme in two years, is also available.
- You will have the freedom to work at your own pace and access to a wide range of learning tools including rich interactive reading material and tutor-led videos. You will also be able to arrange tailored one-to-one sessions with our academic team.
Data is becoming an ever increasing part of the modern world, yet the talent to extract information and value from complex data is scarce. There is a massive shortage of data-analytical skills in the workforce. Statistical analysis and data mining is ranked 2nd in the Top 10 Most In-Demand Hard Skills 2018 by LinkedIn. This programme opens up a multitude of career opportunities and/or boosts your career trajectory.
Our graduates have an excellent track record of gaining employment in many sectors including medical research, the pharmaceutical industry, finance and government statistical services, while others have continued to a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Predictive Models
- Data Mining and Machine Learning: Supervised and Unsupervised
- Learning from Data Science - Data Science Foundations
- Predictive Modelling
- Probability and Stochastic Models
- R Programming
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- If you do not already meet the entry requirements of the programme apply by 1 September.
- If you do already meet the entry requirements apply by 19 September.
DisciplinesStatistics Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 60 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first degree equivalent to a UK upper second class honours degree, normally with a substantial mathematics component (at least equivalent to Level-1 courses in Mathematics and Level-2 courses in Calculus and Linear Algebra at the University of Glasgow)
- Graduates who only have A-Level or Higher Mathematics, or equivalent, may also be admitted to the programme, however only subject to successfully completing an assessment of their mathematical skills before being admitted to the programme.
- Graduates who achieved a degree classification equivalent to a UK lower second class honours degree, or similar, but who have substantial experience in a profession which involved a significant amount of programming, data management, data analysis or mathematical modelling might be also admitted to be programme. Such applicants might also be required to successfully complete an interview.
- Previous study of Statistics or Computing Science is not required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
- UK / EU / International: £10,000 (total cost)
- UK / EU / International: £5,000 (total cost)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.