This Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree from Jacksonville University meets the academic requirements for licensure as designated in the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling for both Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy.
Why Choose This Program?
- This program is offered at JU's Jacksonville campus and JU's Palm Coast site in Palm Coast, Fla.
- Hybrid format, cohort model that allows for self-paced and in-person classes once or twice per week
- Ideal for working professionals who want to create individual relationships with professors and peers
- Full-time, 2 year 60-credit-hour program
- Meets the educational requirements for State of Florida licensure as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
Mental health counselors offer guidance to individuals, couples, families and groups that are dealing with issues that affect their mental health and well-being.
Clinical mental health counselors offer a full range of services, including:
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Treatment planning and utilization review
- Brief and solution-focused therapy
- Alcoholism and substance abuse treatment
- Psychoeducational and prevention programs
- Crisis Management
CACREP accredited CMHC program with emphasis in Marriage and Family Counseling
- Human Growth and Development
- Legal, Ethical, and Professional Standards
- Counseling Theories and Practices
- Behavioral Research and Evaluation
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Psychopathology
- Group Theories and Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesClinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 687 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Jacksonville University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial Transcripts for All Degrees Conferred
- Statement of Intent
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- The following may be requested of students with a 3.0 GPA or below:
- GRE / GMAT Scores
- When completing your application, please indicate your location preference. This program is offered at Jacksonville University's campus in Jacksonville, Fla. and at JU Palm Coast in Palm Coast, Fla.
International19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Jacksonville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.