Why this programme
- Accredited by the Royal Society of Biology for the purpose of meeting, in part, the academic and experience requirement for the Membership and Chartered Biologist (CBiol).
- Improve your knowledge of modern molecular, biochemical, cell biological and genetic techniques for biotechnological applications.
- Top 20 in the UK for Biological SciencesStudy business management based on bioscience knowledge and research, opportunities for innovation and regulatory requirement constraints, intellectual property and ethical issues.
- Learn to assess the current literature, be encouraged to form opinions based on scientific merit, and implement these ideas in future research planning.
- Be taught by experts in the field of biotechnology who run active, internationally recognised, research groups here at the Biotechnology and Management programme of the University of Glasgow.
- Be part of extensive interaction with industry, through site visits, guest lectures and an 'Industrial Networking Symposium' where representatives from the European biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry will discuss their companies and answer your questions on working in the industrial sector.
- Receive hands on experience of diverse biotechnological research skills with a strong laboratory component making up the programme throughout the year.
- Gain valuable training through our flexible, independent, research project for students wishing to proceed to a PhD or into an industrial career. This may also be completed as a business-based project.
- Additional programme components include industrial networking sessions and a dedicated career workshop on progression planning.
Enjoy excellent career opportunities in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industrial sectors.
Many of our students follow a career path in:
- Biomedical science
- Food technology
- Environmental management and agricultural sciences
- Study a PhD
- Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management
- Managing Creativity and Innovation
- Managing Innovative Change
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Management Studies Biotechnology View 134 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Kingdom
- A Second-class Honours degree or equivalent in a related subject area, such as biology, microbiology, biotechnology, biochemistry
- Applicants with a degree in other areas may be considered. Professional experience may also be taken into account.
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- Any additional documents required for this programme (see Entry requirements for this programme)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International25980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25980 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10050 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Full-time fee: £6700
International & EU
- Full-time fee: £17320
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.