According to the U.S. Department of Labor, a health educator provides and manages health education programs that help individuals, families, and their communities maximize and maintain healthy lifestyles. In lieu of that description, the graduate students in our program receive a broad scope of courses that will promote the development of knowledge and skills required of health educators.
The Health Education program of the East Stroudsburg University has been developed to prepare students to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam and the Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES) exam as offered by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing
The M.S. in Health Education is an accepted degree program in the PreK-12 Educator Tuition (P.E.T.) Program at ESU. The P.E.T. Program was designed to decrease out-of-pocket tuition expenses charged directly to the student. Approved and participating school districts are billed for the cost of the student’s tuition, leaving only related fees to be assumed by the student.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Determinants of Disease
- Health Policy and Administration
- Methods in Health Education Workshop
- Health and Media Literacy: Challenges and Strategies
- Leadership and Advocacy in Health Education and Health Promotion
- Health Education Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Rolling admission
DisciplinesEducation Health Sciences Teaching View 693 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at East Stroudsburg University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- An undergraduate minimum grade point average of 2.50 (out of a possible 4.00) and a 3.00 in the area of specialization during the junior and senior years
- Submit 3-5 verifiable professional or scholarly references
- Submit a professional resume describing relevant experiences and skills
- Submit a personal letter indicating why you are interested in obtaining a MS in Health Education, your professional goals, and why or how you believe this program will assist you in meeting those professional goals
- Complete an on-line application
- Transcript Evaluation: An official course-by-course transcript evaluation report will serve as the applicant's official transcript
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Proof of Financial Support: Approved financial documentation that demonstrates you have access to approximately $28,700 (U.S.) from INCOME sources
International12255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 817 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 817 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State8385 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 559 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.