Why this programme
- Accredited by the Royal Society of Biology for the purpose of meeting, in part, the academic and experience requirement for the Membership and Chartered Biologist (CBiol).
- Research training for students intending to proceed to a career in biomedical sciences, either directly as a Top 20 in the UK for Biological SciencesBiomedical Scientist or through a PhD.
- Similar to the MRes Biomedical Sciences, but with more teaching in the first part of the programme, and one research project.
- Experience learning a wide range of modern molecular biology techniques required to pursue a research career in biomedical science.
- Gain valuable practical research experience by using the skills and techniques acquired during the Biomedical Sciences programme from University of Glasgow to complete an in depth research project.
- An ideal introduction for overseas students who may wish to proceed to PhD studies in the UK, Europe or the USA.
Equipped with knowledge, understanding and practical skills, progress your career as a Biomedical Scientist or as a basis to pursue a PhD within the life sciences or medical sciences.
Previous students have gained employment within:
- PhD positions
- Contract Research Organisations
- Clinical Sciences
- Research Development Management
- Medical Writing
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnical Industries
- Higher Skills in Biomedical Sciences
- The Molecular Genetics of Disease
- Presentation Skills in the Biomedical Sciences
- Detecting Biomarkers for Precision Medicine Applications
- Diagnostic Technologies and Devices
- Animal Models of Disease
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 160 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Glasgow and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Second-class Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject. Professional experience, particularly lab-based work, may be taken into account.
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- Any additional documents required for this programme (see Entry requirements for this programme)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International25980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25980 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10050 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.