The Computer Science program at the East Stroudsburg University has led to ESU's designation as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the US Department of Homeland Security and the NSA.
We also offer a minor in Computer Applications which is ideal for non-majors who want a solid background in computer information systems.
One of the things that makes our program unique is the requirement that students successfully complete an internship. This provides students with real world experience working with a business or on a research project with faculty members. Currently, we have very heavy demand for our interns. In some cases, an internship leads to a permanent job for the student after graduation.
In recent years, the department has received more than $7 million in research grants from outside sources. This has provided a very rich laboratory environment, as well as research opportunities for select undergraduates.
Admission standards to our programs are high and, once in, the academic requirements are demanding. Extensive class work, laboratory and project involvement, motivation and commitment are required for successful development as Computer Science and Computer Security problem solvers. However, if you make it through the program, the lifelong professional opportunities and rewards are considerable.
What does a Computer Career Offer?
- Software engineer/developer
- E-commerce engineer
- IT engineer/manager
- System analyst/manager
- Game programmer/developer
- Computer scientist/engineer
- Computer Software & Technology Developers
- Government: Depts of Defense and Homeland Security
- Information Technology companies
- Website, Web Development, and E-commerce companies
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Software Engineering
- Operating System Design
- Theory of Computation
- Introduction to Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Rolling admission for national students
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 770 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Application: Complete an on-line application
- Transcript Evaluation: An official course-by-course transcript evaluation report will serve as the applicant's official transcript. An original transcript from the undergraduate or graduate institution is not required and should not be submitted.
- Goals Statement: the one-page letter should discuss, but not limited to, where your interest in the field stems from, how this degree will help you professionally.
- Letters of Recommendation: signed letters of recommendation should be sent directly from the person writing a recommendation on your behalf.
- Resume/CV: outlining related educational and professional experiences and skills.
- Proof of Financial Support
International774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State516 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 516 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.