The Communication Sciences and Disorders program of the East Stroudsburg University prepares:
- Students to take the ETS Praxis Exam in Speech-Language Pathology which is a requirement for the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC).
- Students to be eligible for a Pennsylvania license in speech–language pathology.
- Students to complete requirements for the Instructional I Certificate (Teacher of the Speech–Language Impaired) in Pennsylvania schools (with the completion of certain education courses, a student teaching semester, and required state testing). The choice of the school certification option may lengthen the students' degree program.
- Students to gain experience at: at the Speech & Hearing Center in Monroe Hall and; placements various schools and medical facilities locally and in several states.
Externship experiences include:
- Rehabilitation centers
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Augmentative/Alternative Communication
- Clinical Audiology
- Auditory Based Communication Disorders
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Language Disorders in Children
- Language Disorders in Adults
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 231 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
- Bachelor’s degree, undergraduate prerequisites as listed above
- QPA 3.00 overall; QPA 3.00 in undergraduate major
- GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of professional goals
- Application: Complete an on-line application
- Transcript Evaluation: An official course-by-course transcript evaluation report will serve as the applicant's official transcript
- TOEFL Scores: TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for all international students unless your undergraduate degree is from an English language institution
- Resume/CV: educational and professional experiences and skills
- Proof of Financial Support: Approved financial documentation that demonstrates you have access to approximately $28,700 (U.S.) from INCOME sources is mandatory before an I-20 form can be issued
International20679 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 701 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20679 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 701 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State16490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 559 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for East Stroudsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.