In today's global learning landscape, many professionals require a better understanding of assessment approaches. If you are already researching or working in the field of educational assessment, this programme offers you the opportunity to engage with a highly significant topic for education systems across the world. Develop vital assessment skills relating to individual learners, classrooms and schools, and local, national and international systems.
You'll consider how research, policy and practice interact in the development of often contested innovations in educational assessment around the world. The online nature of the programme means there will be opportunities to collaborate and network with your peers from different fields and locations across the globe.
During this programme, you will reflect on and critique theory, cutting-edge research and current policies and practice in assessment and consider the impact of these on social justice. You will also have opportunities to collaborate and network with peers from a variety of work contexts and locations, to support critical reflection, peer and self-assessment.
Our learning environment promotes engaging, socially constructive learning. Tasks promote interaction among participants and build a learning community in which the diversity of experience of the population is a resource from which all benefit. You will be encouraged to share your personal and professional experiences to contribute to a learning environment that is relevant, stimulating and challenging for all.
- Analyse key theories, concepts and debates in education assessment
- Understand the relationships between assessment and social justice
- Evaluate developments in education drawing on key theories and concepts
- Assess current practices, policies, theories and research in early-years, primary and secondary education
- Reflect on means of aligning research, policy and practice in your own assessment practice and policy contexts
- Analyse tensions in the field of assessment in education across the world
- Plan and conduct a substantial piece of applied research related to research, policy and practice which supports socially just assessment in education
- Critically analyse educational policy, practice, theory and research in specific contexts and settings
- Critically reflect upon the interrelationship and enactment of educational policy and research and put theory into practice, drawing on your experience as learners and/or educators
This Assessment in Education course at the University of Glasgow addresses significant needs for local, national and international students who are already teachers and policy makers. It will build a network of graduates who have high-level knowledge, skills, and capabilities in assessment. The knowledge, skills and academic and professional standing gained will enable you to contribute effectively to local and national policy making in your own context. You will also be well equipped to undertake further study through Doctoral research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education Dissertation
- Principles and Practices of Research
- Assessment for Improvement, Accountability and Social Justice
- Assessment for Learning and Progression
- Principles and Theories of Assessment for Social Justice
- Curriculum, Assessment and Pedagogy: International Perspectives
- Curriculum, Assessment and Pedagogy: Understanding Learners
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation View 147 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent qualification in any subject
- If English is not your first language, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level. This is an IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no sub-test less than 6. If you do not have an IELTS test certificate, equivalent scores in other recognised qualifications may be accepted
International3500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA3500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.