During the Curriculum and Instruction - Reading Teacher Endorsement program at Lewis University, candidates will learn strategic comprehension instruction and technology for literacy, how to diagnose and address reading problems in all students, and various instructional methods for different age groups.
Upon completion of the program, candidates will be prepared for the state of Illinois Reading Teacher test and receive the Reading Teacher Endorsement for grades Pre-K through 12.
- Reading Specialist
- Literacy Coach
- Reading Teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations and Methods of Teaching Content Area Reading and Intermediate-Adolescent Literacy
- Teaching Reading to the Diverse Learner
- Strategic Comprehension Instruction and Practicum for the Reading Teacher
- Theory and Practice for Intervention and Remediation of Reading
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Reading Problems
- Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment for School Improvement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation View 3762 other Masters in Education in United States
- Illinois Professional Educator License
- Fulfillment of House Bill 150 (Survey of Exceptional Children and Adolescents or Exceptional Learners in Inclusive Communities)
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 for the final 60 credit hours of study
- Official college transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- Successful completion of the Lewis University College of Education and Social Sciences Graduate Writing Examination
- Submission of a graduate application form with non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Evidence of two (2) years of successful teaching experience by the end of the program
International640 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 640 USD per credit during 12 months.
National640 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 640 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.