Students in the M.A. in Reading and Literacy Reading Specialist program from Lewis University become fully prepared to provide effective instruction and leadership in literacy.
- Upon graduation, students will have extensive practicum experiences in assessment, case report development, instruction preparation and delivery, and more.
- Graduates will be eligible to teach reading to students and provide technical assistance and professional development in reading to other teachers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Child and Adolescent Literature
- Teaching Reading to the Diverse Learner
- Theory and Practice for Intervention and Remediation of Reading
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Reading Problems
- Instruction and Resources for Developing Multiliteracies
- Organizational Systems in Educational Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 1006 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Illinois Professional Educator License
- Fulfillment of House Bill 150 (Survey of Exceptional Children and Adolescents or Exceptional Learners in Inclusive Communities)
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 for the final 60 credit hours of study
- Official college transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- Successful completion of the Lewis University College of Education and Social Sciences Graduate Writing Examination
- Submission of a graduate application form with non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Evidence of two (2) years of successful teaching experience by the end of the program
International24960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 640 USD per credit during 12 months.
National24960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 640 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.