Students will develop as counselors, scholars and ethical professionals throughout the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Lewis University. You will acquire:
- Knowledge of relevant areas of clinical mental health counseling, including personality, life span development, multicultural issues, counseling theories, evaluation, and assessment
- Skills in interviewing, assessment and counseling techniques
- Awareness of client’s individuality, multicultural sensitivity, and importance of flexibility in working with clients
- Appropriate ethical behavior and clinical mental health counselor professional identity
You will be prepared to help people as a counselor in clinical mental health, substance abuse, rehabilitation, crisis, grief, marriage and family, or military veterans’ settings. Graduates are working in a variety of clinical mental health settings, hospitals and private practice.
- Research in Counseling
- Interviewing Skills
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Advanced Developmental Psychology
- Career Development Theory
- Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Crisis Intervention and Treatment of Trauma
- Group Dynamics and Counseling
- Treatment of Substance Abuse
- Family Dynamics and Counseling
- Professional and Ethical Issues in Counseling
- Multicultural Issues in Counseling
- Models and Theories of Clinical Supervision in Mental Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 371 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed at least 15 hours of psychology, including a course in statistics or research methods in social sciences.
- Submit a completed online graduate application
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit a 3-4 page personal statement
- Submit two (2) completed recommendation forms
International19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.