JOIN OUR ONLINE INFO SESSIONS!
More information on www.vub.be/en/online-info-sessions
The Master of Science in Photonics Engineering at Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) offers students a challenging engineering programme that combines core photonics courses with a whole range of photonics electives and multidisciplinary modules, e.g. Electronics and Information Technology, Physics and Materials, Business Engineering, Modelling, Measurement and Control and Life Sciences.
This multidisciplinary approach combined with high-level training in labs and a strong international component has proven to boost the employment prospects of our graduates to a maximum in innovative industries and research domains such as biotechnology, health care, green energy, ICT and Industry 4.0.
The programme offers a fully residential on-campus track and a semi-online track. In the residential on-campus track, students spend both master year 1 and master year 2 on-campus. In master year 1, students take core photonics courses in semester 1 & 2 at VUB or UGent, supplemented by a number of advanced photonics electives.
All degree programmes offered by VUB are accredited by the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation (NVAO), ensuring that they meet the highest predefined quality standards. Alongside this official quality control system, VUB has an internal Quality Control Commission in charge of permanently monitoring the quality of education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- Optical Materials
- Mathematics in Photonics
- Laboratories in Photonics Research
- Business Aspects of Micro-electronics and Photonics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Electrical Engineering Physics View 15 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- bachelor or master degree in (Applied) Physics/Electrical Engineering/Materials Science
- bachelor or master degree in another scientific field will also be considered based on pre-knowledge
- A diploma of secondary education awarded by the Flemish, French-speaking of German-speaking community
- A diploma of secondary or higher education with English as the language of instruction (please provide proof of this)
- TOEFL IBT (or TOEFL IBT Home Edition) with minimum level: 79 (Institution code 6740)
- IELTS (or IELTS Indicator) with minimum overall score: 6.5
- ITACE with minimum level: B2
- Cambridge English Qualification Scale with the following minimal level: 170
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brussels
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- VUB Scholarships for Master of Science in Photonics Engineering
- VUB B-PHOT Excellence Scholarships
More information on https://www.vub.be/en/scholarships#master-of-science-in-photonics-engineering
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.