Specializing in prevention, rehabilitation, and management of injuries resulting from participation in athletics and physical activity, the athletic trainer is an integral member of the sports medicine team.
The athletic trainer works in cooperation with the physicians, parents, coaches, and administrators to maintain the safety and well-being of athletes and the physically active.
Shenandoah University’s Division of Athletic Training is a program that offers a unique combination of “hands-on” clinical training, classroom teaching, distance-based education and clinical research. Clinical field experiences are available on campus as well as in other settings such as with professional sports organizations.
Diverse employment settings include but are not limited to:
- Secondary school athletics
- Collegiate athletics
- Professional sports
- Performing Arts Medicine (The Houston Ballet)
- Industrial Rehabilitation (Tesla)
- Risk Management and Emergency Care for Athletes
- Advanced Athletic Training Techniques
- Functional Human Anatomy
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Therapeutic Modalities
- Sports Nutrition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 302 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ATCAS application
- Guidelines for Technical Standards
- 3 recommendations (should be from a certified athletic trainer, coaches, employers, professors or other health care providers.)
- Essay on why you want to become an Athletic Trainer
- A list of all sports that you have participated in as an athlete, coach, referee, manager or athletic training student.
- All official transcripts
International34020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 945 USD per credit during 24 months.
National34020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 945 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.