The Master Secondary Education - World Languages offered at Hawai'i Pacific University is based on a standards-driven, field-based, and inquiry-oriented curriculum that employs cutting-edge educational technology to integrate content and pedagogy. Employing an electronic portfolio-based assessment system, university faculty and mentor teachers guide the candidate's progress in achieving professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions.
Hawai‘i Pacific University's M.Ed. Program in Secondary Education program prepares candidates to become competent, caring, and professional educators through classroom discussions and clincal practice experiences. Teacher candidates learn in small classes and enjoy individual attention by university faculty and mentor teachers.
Graduate faculty at HPU are well-respected teachers and scholars in their respective fields. Because they come to HPU from all parts of the United States, they also bring a wealth of worldly experience to campus. You will find a deep commitment to utilizing educational technology tools at HPU, including access to online periodical databases, a digital portfolio-based web page assessment system, course web-page technology, and state-of-the-art wireless services and high tech classrooms.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Professional Educator
- Child and Adolescent Development for Educators
- The Scholarly Teacher
- The Reflective Practitioner
- Culturally-Responsive Education in Hawai'i
- The English Language Learner
- World Languages Curriculum and Instruction
- The Exceptional Learner
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation View 3547 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A $55 non-refundable application fee is required.
- Academic Transcripts
- Copy of Your Passport's Biographical Photo Page
- Statement of Financial Sponsorship
- Bank Statement of Government Sponsorship Letter
Candidates must have attained
- A passing score on a licensure test adopted by the Hawaii Teacher Standards Board in the content field; or
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards certification in the content field; or
- An academic major consisting of a minimum of thirty semester hours in the content field for a bachelor’s degree awarded by an accredited institution of higher education; or
- A minimum of thirty semester hours in the content field from an accredited institution of higher education
International1050 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1050 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1050 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1050 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.