The Master of Secondary Education - English offered at Hawai'i Pacific University is based on a standards-driven, field-based, and inquiry-oriented curriculum that employs cutting-edge educational technology to integrate content and pedagogy. Employing an electronic portfolio-based assessment system, university faculty and mentor teachers guide the candidate's progress in achieving professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions.
What you'll learn
Hawai‘i Pacific University's M.Ed. Program in Secondary Education program prepares candidates to become competent, caring, and professional educators through classroom discussions and clincal practice experiences. Teacher candidates learn in small classes and enjoy individual attention by university faculty and mentor teachers.
Graduate faculty at HPU are well-respected teachers and scholars in their respective fields. Because they come to HPU from all parts of the United States, they also bring a wealth of worldly experience to campus. You will find a deep commitment to utilizing educational technology tools at HPU, including access to online periodical databases, a digital portfolio-based web page assessment system, course web-page technology, and state-of-the-art wireless services and high tech classrooms.
- The Professional Educator
- Educational Psychology
- Educational Research
- Culturally-Responsive Education in Hawai'i
- English Curriculum and Instruction
- English Language Learner
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Priority application deadline: July 1st
DisciplinesEducation Languages Secondary Education View 3478 other Masters in Education in United States
- $55 Application Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Prior to admission to the English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies and World Languages concentrations, teacher candidates seeking licensure in secondary education must have attained: A passing score on a licensure test adopted by the Hawai‘i Teacher Standards Bord in the content field; or
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards certification in the content field; or
- A content major consisting of minimum of 30 credit hours in the content field for a bachelor's degree awarded by an accredited institution of higher education; or
- A minimum of 30 credit hours in the content field from an accredited institution of higher education, at least 15 of which must be upper-division level; or
- A master's, specialist, or doctoral degree in the license field awarded by an accredited institution of higher education.
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
- Personal Statement (optional)
International32400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 USD per credit during 12 months.
National32400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Honolulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.