The Global Leadership and Sustainable Development program at the Hawai'i Pacific University is designed to prepare students to lead change initiatives in a globalizing world in the growing field of sustainability. Students learn to search for the underlying causes of global environmental, economic and social problems and design and lead responses that produce sustainable outcomes for the current and future generations.
Students who successfully complete the Master of Arts in Global Leadership and Sustainable Development program will:
- Think systemically and thus identify and analyze the structural causes that underlie global issues and problems.
- Search collaboratively for solutions to global problems and issues that meet the expectations of multiple stakeholders within ecological limits.
- Critique events decisions, and issues related to globalization in terms of both their short and long-term consequences across multiple stakeholders, including the natural world.
- Recognize that the dynamic, complex and interdependent nature of globalization forces requires transparency and democratic processes for optimum solutions if social justice is to be achieved.
- Analyze global issues using systems thinking concepts and tools, e.g. causal-loop diagrams, timeline analysis, structural analysis.
- Engage in self-reflection of their leadership potential and put in place a personalized plan to develop the leader within.
- Conceptualize, initiate, and lead change programs that enhance the sustainable development dimension of human systems.
More informationVisit official programme website
Recent MAGLSD graduates enjoy rewarding careers at companies around the world, including:
- Hawai‘i Department of Land and Natural Resources
- Norwegian National Rail Administration
- Cincinnati Health Department
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- California Center for Sustainable Energy
- Pacific Northwest Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sustainable Development View 1505 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- $55 Application Fee
International1000 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1000 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1000 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1000 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.