The Master of Science program in Mechatronics at FH Aachen - University of Applied Sciences is an interdisciplinary study program intended for students with a qualified Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or related fields. It is a joint effort by the departments of Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology and Aerospace Engineering and provides a broad industrially oriented technical knowledge in mechatronic principles, components and system design.
The central idea of the study program is to educate highly qualified students with a first academic technical degree in a compact study program in order to prepare them for the manifold demands of mechatronic product development. At the beginning of the course the students are taught the fundamentals of the other disciplines, which were not the central topic of their first degree. In compulsory modules like Sensors & Actuators, Mechatronic System Simulation or Advanced Motion Control the students pick up the essentials of modern mechatronic systems and their components.
A strong international orientation of the study program results from teaching the major part of the program in English. The use of the English language increases the attractiveness of this Master program for international students. On the other hand, German students gain an additional international qualification by actively working with technical English, but also by the intense contact to the international students.
Graduates of the Master program in Mechatronics are provided a broad range of job opportunities. In Germany most of the 5000 mechanical engineering companies by now employ mechatronic concepts in their products. Mechatronic engineers can be found in a variety of functions such as product development, production and fabrication technology, assembly automation, quality control and technical sales.
Mechatronic engineers presently have outstanding career chances. According to all German and European industrial and engineering associations the demand for well-educated and application oriented mechatronics engineers will continue to steadily rise in the future. Since the expected number of graduates in this field is much lower than the industrial needs the professional chances for mechatronics engineers are predicted to remain excellent in the years to come.
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
- MEMS / Microtechnology
- Analog and Digital Control Technology
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Systems Engineering
- Autonomous Mobile Robotic Systems
- Mechatronic Systems Simulation
- Advanced Motion Control
- Sensors and Actuators
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mechatronics View 12 other Masters in Mechatronics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor, Dipl.Ing. or equivalent degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or in a related field from a recognized university. The Bachelor degree has to certify the completion of an at least 3 years study program. Applicants must demonstrate a solid basis in mathematics and physics.
- You can apply with provisional papers if you have not yet completed your Bachelor's degree. All academic transcripts showing all years of university study must be uploaded to the online application portal.
- Results of the GRE (Graduate Record Examination GENERAL TEST) need to be uploaded to the online application portal, if you received your Bachelor degree from a University outside of the European Union.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- We do not have any tuition fees. Students only need to pay a social contribution and student activity fee per semester (306,83 €)
Living costs for Aachen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.